These lemon blueberry scones are made with our All-Purpose Einkorn Flour, sweet cream, and fresh blueberries. They’re the perfect addition to any brunch or even just a weekday snack. They’re light and tender and have a sweet, lemon glaze drizzle.
These Einkorn Scones are the perfect treat to serve at a bridal or baby shower or any ‘ol day of the week. They only take a few minutes to whip up and they’re delicious every time.
The All-Purpose Einkorn Flour is perfect for these cream scones. The scones come out tender and sweet and the combination of lemon and blueberry in these cream scones– is off the charts amazing!
Scones bake much better when they are an even thickness. Pat your scone dough into a circle cake pan to ensure you have a consistent thickness. Turn the scone dough onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper before you cut it into wedges.
Einkorn Lemon Blueberry Scones
- 2 1/2 Cups
Organic All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- 5 Tbsp Cold Butter
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1 Cup Blueberries (Fresh)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 4 Tbsp Sugar (to sprinkle on top before baking)
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor, add flour and butter. Pulse 8-10 times or until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add the baking powder, sugar, and salt. Pulse again.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the cream. Mix until the flour mixture is wet. Don’t over-mix.
- Add the blueberries and the lemon zest. and fold in with a rubber spatula. (try not to mash the blueberries)
- Spray a 9-10″ round cake pan with non-stick spray. Pat the scone dough into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper and turn the scone onto it. Use a knife to slice into (8) even, pie-shaped scones. Separate the scones a little on the baking sheet.
- Brush the scones with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 min or until golden brown.
For the Lemon Glaze
- Prepare the Lemon Glaze while the Einkorn Scones are baking. In a small mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Mix. Add up to 1 more tablespoon of lemon juice to reach the desired consistency. You should be able to drizzle the glaze.
- When the scones are finished baking, take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, drizzle the lemon glaze over the scones while they are still hot. Enjoy your Einkorn Lemon Blueberry Scones warm or cold!
- Use cold butter.
- You can add double the amount of lemon zest. I love mine with a robust lemon flavor!
- Bake the scones on parchment paper. This will keep it from sticking to the pan and makes clean up a breeze.
- Pat the scone dough in a greased circle cake pan. Turn the pan onto parchment paper before cutting. This ensures the scones are a consistent thickness and cook evenly.
- Pull the scone dough wedges apart from each other before cooking. The scone dough will rise and spread a little while baking.
- Bake just until golden.
- Let the scones cool about 5 minutes before you add the glaze.
Jill Baird is the blogger and baker behind The Carefree Kitchen. She loves experimenting with flavors in the kitchen. She loves to celebrate life with friends and family, and of course, great food! She loves grilling, baking, cooking and putting her own spin on all the classics. Check out more of her recipes at thecarefreekitchen.com.
1 thought on “Einkorn Lemon Blueberry Scones”
I recently made the Einkorn Lemon Blueberry Scones recipe and I am so impressed with how they turned out! The recipe was easy to follow and the end result was simply delicious. The scones were perfectly moist and had just the right amount of lemon and blueberry flavor. I loved that this recipe uses einkorn flour, which is a healthier alternative to regular all-purpose flour. The tip to pat them into a round cake pan was brilliant. I was worried about mashing the blueberries so I patted half of the dough in the bottom of the cakepan, spread a layer of blueberries, and then spread the rest of the dough on top. It worked perfectly! These scones were a hit with my family, and I will definitely be making them again soon. Thank you for sharing such a great recipe!