If you are looking for a delicious and nutritious way to make fresh pasta at home, you will love this recipe for Fresh Einkorn Pasta. Einkorn is an ancient grain that has been cultivated for thousands of years and has many health benefits compared to modern wheat.
Einkorn flour is easier to digest than modern wheat flour because it contains a different type of gluten that is less likely to cause inflammation or allergic reactions. Many people who are sensitive to gluten can tolerate Einkorn better than other types of wheat.
Einkorn flour has a mild, nutty flavor and is slightly sweet. It makes a light and tender pasta that can be paired with your favorite sauce or toppings. You only need four simple ingredients to make this fresh Einkorn pasta: Organic All-Purpose Einkorn Flour, eggs, salt, and olive oil.
Making fresh pasta at home may seem intimidating, but it’s actually quite easy and fun. You can use a pasta machine to roll and cut the dough, or you can do it by hand with a rolling pin and a knife. Either way, you will enjoy the process of creating your own homemade pasta from scratch.
Follow this easy recipe to make fresh Einkorn pasta and enjoy the taste and health benefits of this ancient grain. Here at Grand Teton Ancient Grains we are happy to offer Organic All-Purpose Einkorn Flour fresh from our family farm and mill and shipped directly to you!
Fresh Einkorn Pasta from Savor the Best
- 2 1/2 Cups Organic All-Purpose Einkorn Flour Plus more for dusting/kneeding
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Prepare a baking sheet with a light film of olive oil or a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large shallow bowl or on a work surface, mix the flour and salt together with a fork and then shape into a mound. Make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs and oil into the well and using a fork whisk them together. Then whisk the mixture into the flour in a circular motion, gradually incorporating the flour in small amounts in a wider path until the flour is completely mixed in.
- Transfer to a flat work surface that has been dusted with flour and begin kneading by hand. If the dough seems too moist, add small amounts of flour as you knead it. Knead until the dough begins to soften and is no longer sticky, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes. This will allow the flour to continue to absorb the moisture from the eggs.
- When ready to roll, divide the dough into 4 portions. Work with one portion at a time while keeping the remaining portions covered with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
- When the pasta is ready to use, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and working in batches, drop a portion of the pasta into the water. Most fresh pastas will cook to the al-dente stage in a 30-seconds to 3-minutes cook time, depending on the thickness of the pasta.
Please let us know how your Fresh Einkorn Pasta turned out and share your feedback with us in the comments below.
If you love this recipe then you might also want to try these other recipes:
- Creamy Chicken Lasagna with Einkorn Noodles from Savor the Best
- Einkorn Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Emmer Pilaf
Remember to share your Ancient Grains creations with us on social media using the hashtag #AncientGrainsRecipes and #GrandTetonAncientGrains. We can’t wait to see your culinary eye candy as you capture and share the beauty of your nutritious creations.