This is a go-to recipe, if you ever need bread in a hurry. In less than two hours, you can have delicious loaves filling your house with the amazing aroma of fresh-baked bread.
White Einkorn Sandwich Bread Loaf
Servings: 4 loaves
- 4 C Warm Water
- 2 T Honey
- 2 1/2 T Yeast
- 1450 grams All-Purpose Organic Einkorn Flour
- 2 T Pink Himalayan Salt
- Combine warm water and honey. Let sit while honey begins to melt.
- Add yeast and mix. Allow to proof for about 5 minutes for yeast to activate.
- Mix 400 grams flour into the yeast water mixture. For a more wholesome loaf, you can replace 250-300 grams of All-Purpose Einkorn Flour with Whole Grain Einkorn Flour.
- Add and mix in the salt.
- Add remaining flour, slowly, mixing fully with the liquid base.
- Allow mixer to run slowly for 5-10 minutes.
- Let rest and rise for 15-20 minutes, allowing it to dry out slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wet hands with water then cut, shape and place dough into loaf pans.
- Let rise for 25-30 minutes in covered pans, until it doubles in size.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- After removing from oven, brush top with butter.
- Let cool before cutting.
20 thoughts on “White Einkorn Sandwich Bread Loaf”
Hi there. It seems like the recipe is incomplete. Step 3 and the rest of the baking instructions are missing. Or at least, I cannot see them when I am on the page.
Hi Mirah, it looks fine on my end. Are you seeing it now?
How about completing step three.
Hi Charles, it looks complete on my end. Does it still look incomplete when you look at it?
is it possible to post the carbs for the loaf or each slice please for the All
In Step 3, what does, “Allow mixer to run slowly for 5-10 minutes,” mean?
What size loaf pans?
Great grain, haven’t made bread yet, but will this week.
do you mean tablespoons or teaspoons when you use “T” for a unit?
Hi Sam, a capital T is a tablespoon.
Can you reduce the recipe by half, making two loaves instead of four without any problems?
Hi Sharon, yes that is totally fine!
Sounds delicious! What size loaf pan are you using?
Hi! I am new to baking and do not have a standing mixer. Any advice on how to alter the mixing without one? I would really love to try this recipe!
Hi Michele, I sometimes do it by hand when I only want to make one loaf. I think four loaves would be tough to mix by hand. Einkorn is very sticky, so I just use a really stiff spatula to mix it. I don’t knead einkorn a ton because it is such a sticky dough.
Hi …Question… if you grind your own up does it become whole grain wheat or is it an all-purpose flour thank you
Hi Mary, if you are grinding the berries yourself, they will become a whole grain flour. Whole grain flour is just the berries ground into flour with nothing removed.
Hi…Question…do you have to have a machine like a KitchenAid stand up blender to make this bread or can you do this by hand …thank you
Hi Mary, we use a Bosch, but sometimes I do it by hand if I’m only making one loaf. I just mix it with a stiff spatular. Four loves is tough for my arm.
Keep up the a good work.thank you for the recipe.