This White Einkorn Sandwich Bread Loaf is both nutritious and delicious! If you ever need bread in a hurry then this is the recipe for you. In less than two hours, you can have delicious loaves filling your house with the amazing aroma of fresh-baked bread.
White Einkorn Sandwich Bread Loaf
- 4 C Warm Water
- 2 T Honey
- 2 1/2 T Yeast
- 1450 grams Organic All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- 2 T Pink Himalayan Salt
- Combine warm water and honey. Let sit while honey begins to melt.
- Add yeast and mix. Allow to proof for about 5 minutes for yeast to activate.
- Mix 400 grams flour into the yeast water mixture. For a more wholesome loaf, you can replace 250-300 grams of All-Purpose Einkorn Flour with Whole Grain Einkorn Flour.
- Add and mix in the salt.
- Add remaining flour, slowly, mixing fully with the liquid base.
- Allow mixer to run slowly for 5-10 minutes.
- Let rest and rise for 15-20 minutes, allowing it to dry out slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wet hands with water then cut, shape and place dough into loaf pans.
- Let rise for 25-30 minutes in covered pans, until it doubles in size.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- After removing from oven, brush top with butter.
- Let cool before cutting.
Please let us know how your White Einkorn Sandwich Bread Loaf turned out and share your feedback with us in the comments below. Want more Einkorn baking recipes? Check out this Einkorn cookbook: Baking & Cooking with Einkorn by Heidi Ellis
If you love this recipe then you might also want to try these other recipes:
- Whole Grain Einkorn Sandwich Bread
- Einkorn Cinnamon Breadsticks
- Einkorn Banana Bread with a Crumble Topping
Remember to share your Ancient Grains creations with us on social media using the hashtag #AncientGrainsRecipes and #GrandTetonAncientGrains. We can’t wait to see your culinary eye candy as you capture and share the beauty of your nutritious creations.