Do you need a healthy and delicious snack that will satisfy your cravings AND nourish your body? If so, you might want to try these Einkorn Thin Wheat Crackers from Savor the Best. They are not your ordinary crackers, but a wholesome and tasty treat made with Einkorn, the oldest and most primitive form of wheat on Earth.
Einkorn is a type of ancient grain that has been cultivated since the dawn of agriculture. It was one of the first crops domesticated by humans in the Near East region known as the Fertile Crescent.
Einkorn has a rich, nutty flavor and a golden color that comes from its high content of carotenoids, a type of antioxidant that protects the eyes and skin. Unlike modern wheat, which has been hybridized and modified over time, Einkorn has remained unchanged for thousands of years. It has a better type of gluten that is easier to digest than the gluten in modern wheat.
These Einkorn Thin Wheat Crackers are crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor. They are easy to make with just a few ingredients and a food processor. You simply mix Organic Whole Grain Einkorn Flour with some other basic ingredients, roll out the dough, and cut it into squares. Then bake them in the oven until they are golden and crisp.
You can enjoy your homemade Einkorn Thin Wheat Crackers plain or with your favorite dips and spreads. They are perfect for parties, picnics, or just for a healthy and satisfying snack.
Try these Einkorn Thin Wheat Crackers today and discover the benefits of Einkorn. You will love their taste and texture, and you will feel good about eating them. They are a great way to introduce Whole Grain Einkorn into your diet and enjoy its ancient goodness.
You can get your Organic Whole Grain Einkorn Flour right here on our website! Or you can buy our Organic Einkorn Berries and grind your own fresh Organic Whole Grain Einkorn Flour!
Einkorn Thin Wheat Crackers from Savor the Best
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Grain Einkorn Flour
- 4 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 4 Tbsp Cold Butter Cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp Cold Water
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place a metal ’S’ blade in your food processor. Combine the flour, sugar, salt and paprika in the bowl of the food processor and pulse to combine the ingredients.
- Add the butter and continue pulsing until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Drizzle in the water and pulse until a ball of dough is formed. If there are a few dry crumbs left behind just gather them up and squish them into the dough.
- Place half of the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Roll the dough out as thin as possible. Sprinkle the top with additional flour if the rolling pin sticks to the dough.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the dough into rectangles about 1½ to 2 inches in size. Slide the parchment paper onto a baking sheet. The dough will not spread out so there is no need to space the crackers. Just roll, cut and bake the dough on the parchment for an easy and fast method of making the crackers.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the crackers and bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 10 minutes. Thicker crackers will need to bake closer to 10 minutes and thinner crackers will only need to bake 6 to 8 minutes.
- Slide the parchment paper onto a cooling rack and repeat the process with the other half of the dough.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks or freeze for 4 months.