Are you looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast idea for your family?
Try these apple cinnamon pancakes made with Nutritious Organic Einkorn Flour.
Fluffy, moist, and full of cozy flavors!
They will make your morning special.
Einkorn flour is an ancient type of wheat that has more nutrients and less gluten than modern wheat flour. This ancient grain has a sweet and nutty flavor that pairs well with apples and cinnamon. Einkorn flour is a good source of protein, iron, dietary fiber, thiamine and other B vitamins. So not only is Einkorn flour a delicious addition to any pancake recipe but it will make them more nutritious also!
These pancakes are easy to make with simple and healthy ingredients that you may already have in your pantry. You will need Einkorn flour (all-purpose or whole grain), baking powder, cinnamon, salt, almond milk, avocado oil, applesauce, and eggs. Each ingredient plays an important role in creating the perfect pancake batter that is moist, fluffy, and flavorful. Here is a breakdown of what each ingredient does and why you need it:
Einkorn flour: This is the main dry ingredient that provides structure and texture to the pancakes. It also adds nutrients and flavor to the batter. You can use either our Organic Whole Grain Einkorn Flour or our Organic All-Purpose Einkorn Flour in this recipe.
Baking powder: This is a leavening agent that helps the pancakes rise and become fluffy. It reacts with the acid in the applesauce and creates bubbles in the batter making the pancakes fluffier.
Cinnamon: This is a spice that adds warmth and aroma to the pancakes.
Salt: This is a seasoning that enhances the flavor of the pancakes. It also balances out the sweetness of the other ingredients.
Almond milk: This is a dairy free milk that adds moisture and richness to the batter.
Avocado oil: This is a healthy fat that adds moisture and tenderness to the pancakes.
Applesauce: This is a natural sweetener that adds moisture and flavor to the batter. It also helps activate the baking powder creating a light texture.
Eggs: These are binding agents that hold the batter together and give it stability. They also add protein and moisture to the pancakes.
To make these pancakes even more delicious, you can top them with maple syrup, butter, chopped nuts, fresh or dried fruits, or whipped cream. The possibilities are endless!
These Apple Cinnamon Einkorn Pancakes are perfect for breakfast (of course), a family brunch, a weekday treat, or even a fun dinner.
The good gluten in Einkorn flour makes them easy to digest for those that have trouble with the gluten in modern wheat.
You can make your Apple Cinnamon Einkorn Pancakes with our Organic All-Purpose Einkorn Flour, Organic Whole Grain Einkorn Flour, or use freshly ground Organic Einkorn Berries that you grind yourself. We offer all three options at our Family Farm & Stone Mill: Grand Teton Ancient Grains.
This recipe is dairy free, but you can use regular cow milk if you want to.
You can also make these already healthy pancakes vegan by using flax eggs instead of regular eggs.
These pancakes are sure to please everyone in your family with their amazing taste and texture.
They are like little pieces of apple cake that you can enjoy guilt-free!
Give them a try and see for yourself.
Apple Cinnamon Einkorn Pancakes
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- Add in a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, avocado oil, applesauce, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. When it is hot, spray it with cooking oil. If you don't have a griddle you can use a large frying pan.
- Scoop 1/4 Cup of the pancake batter onto the griddle for each pancake. You can use a larger scoop if you want larger pancakes. If the batter doesn't spread evenly you can use your scoop to spread it out.
- Cook until the pancakes start to look a little dryer around the edges than they are in the middle. This should take about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes over and cook them on the other side for about the same amount of time. They should be a golden brown color when they are done.
- As you take the cooked pancakes off the griddle, stack them on a platter or plate while you cook the rest of the pancake batter.
Please let us know how your Apple Cinnamon Einkorn Pancakes turned out and share your feedback with us in the comments below. What is your favorite topping or syrup to use on these delicious pancakes? We would love to know.
If you love this recipe then you might also want to try these other recipes:
- Whole Grain Einkorn Blueberry Pancakes by Savor the Best
- Einkorn German Pancakes
- Einkorn Lemon Blueberry Scones
Remember to share your Ancient Grains creations with us on social media using the hashtag #AncientGrainsRecipes and #GrandTetonAncientGrains. We can’t wait to see your culinary eye candy as you capture and share the beauty of your nutritious creations.